Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bicizeta, the rare one!

I have a number of Solexes made in France which are popular mopeds with an engine sitting on the front fork and a roller getting the bike going. I had heard from the Bicizeta through a friend in the South or France who has one, but that was it.. until I saw one popping up on ebay right around the corner from me. So after a chat with the seller I purchased it for a very reasonable amount of money.

It is missing some parts and some are broken or torn and it will require work. The first bit missing is the tail light which I tracked and identified as an Italian CEV model 9312 with the beige rim (there is also a black version). I happily found one in Italy, New Old Stock (NOS) that I should receive soon. Right now it looks like that, not too pretty:


It should be this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment